Peace I leave with you



Peace I leave with you, 
My peace I give to you; 
not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, 
neither let it be afraid.
 (John 14:27)

You don't need to look far these days to see trouble around, but we do not need to be afraid or unsettled by it (or even hide away). We just need to remember wonderful verses like this one that provide such wonderful comfort. 

However, to find peace, we need to trust in Jesus completely —to lay our lives down 100% and allow the Lord to take over. Its amazing where He will take you. 

Dear ladies, if things are not going smoothly this week, your health is poorly or you are worried about events beyond your control—remember "trust is Jesus" and everything will be ok. 

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.




*****

Comments

  1. He truly is our peace, and I wouldn't want to live in this world without knowing Him. I was searching for Christian pages on Facebook when I found your page and blog...and I'm so glad I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for dropping by :)) I can't imagine how people cope without God, their lives much be such a struggle - He offers so much comfort and security.

      :)

      Delete
  2. Thankyou. I need this today. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was very comforting to me today. And now I am listening to that wonderful hymn on Youtube. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - hymns are so uplifting when feeling down.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful thoughts about peace! And your lovely picture compliments your thoughts perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful encouraging words. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trusting the Lord is the ONLY way to live in peace and joy. Without Him life is full of fear and sorrow and ugliness. Thank you for the reminder and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Life would be very different without the Lord and not one that you or I would what to be part of.

      Delete

Post a Comment