Dress-making


Twenty two years ago I bought a sewing machine and made a few dresses. Then I put it away for 10 years.  It came out of hiding for a few days and was quickly returned.  But after reading about the wonderful clothes that my blogger friends have been making, I felt inspired and as a result the sewing machine is sitting on my kitchen table, I have bought some dark brown fabric for winter, I have stocked up on pins, scissors, thread AND bought 2 patterns (see below) now I just need to have the courage to start!!!!

The first skirt will be A (long straight) from the pattern below (3830).  The pattern does say "QUICK AND EASY" so I am assuming they are telling the truth!!!! If this turns out OK, I will make more. I can't buy these skirts in the shop, so if I want them, I have to make them. 


I though this was a really nice set of skirts - very easy - two pieces with elastic at the waist - can't go wrong.  These will be perfect for summer.  Just have to work out how to put in linings.

STAYED TUNED FOR THE FINISHED PRODUCT . . . . . .

Comments

  1. ooo! How exciting! Those are nice patterns! If you find the McCall's simple patterns too difficult, you could try the Simplicity "It's So Easy" ones - I have found these are the easiest ones there are, although McCalls are really not too bad. I think Burda and Butterick are probably the most complicated ones!
    Lining a skirt isn't too difficult - will email you or something about that sometime :)
    Looking forward to seeing your sewn creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I have similar sewing stories, and since moving to the UK, don't really have a good machine. It is one of my short-term goals to get sewing again, and definitely skirts! I like the two patterns you picked out. All the best with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making your own clothing can be so rewarding... and they will be a one of a kind.

    I hope you don't 'pull your hair out' too much lol. Can't wait to hear how you go!

    Ps. Do you want a chuckle? Guess what my word verification for this comment is? 'devil' LOL I hope He's not trying to tell me something!!!! LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I think I may have had both of those patterns at some point... Will you post pics of your product?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment