Old family photos

These 3 photos come from my mother - the one above is one of my mum when she was a little girl (1937/8) with her own mother (who died at the age of 52 in 1943).

When I scanning these photos I can't help but think about their lives. Even though they are my family I really know very little about their day-to-day activities. How was their life different to ours, what were their worries, how did the war affect them? Was it more complicated or less? And what was it like being a young woman in those days. And how did they live without the computer and mobile phone!!
The whole family and the family dog taken at Hugh Street. Uncle David is next to my mother (with dog).
Grandpa and his daughters (Auntie Peg, Auntie Joan and Auntie Mary) - notice that he doesn't look happy - he is frowning at mum because she is wearing a "bracket" that she had made. It was a BIG no no!!! and she got into big trouble!!

Comments

  1. I have a little info on what life was like, but maybe not to that depth, Jo. After Mam went, I wanted to find out mroe about the Blairs and so asked questions, but didn't get as many answers as I would have liked!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment