Quick and easy recipe: Mustard Pork Chops


Mustard Pork Chops
(fast, simple and tasty to make)
Serves 2

  • 2 pork chops
  • 2 teaspoons garlic oil (if I don't have any, I just add garlic when I am cooking the chops)
  • 125ml of apple cider
  • 2 teaspoons of grainy mustard (more if you like)
  • 75ml of cream (I use lite cream)
  • Gnocchi (enough for each person)
1. Bash pork chops briefly (but brutally) between clingfilm to make them thinner (this will make you feel good if you have had a stressful day).

2. Heat oil in pan and cook the chops over moderately high heat for about 5 mins a side.  Remove them to a warmed plate.

3. Pour cider into the pan, still over the heat, to de-glaze the pan.  Let it bubble away for a minute or so, then add the mustard and stir in the cream.

4. Let the sauce continue cooking for a few minutes before pouring over each plated pork chop.  leave some in the pan - add the gnocchi (that you have already cooked per instructions), make sure you have turn them in the pan to absord any spare juices before adding them to the plate.
(from "Nigella Express" cookbook)

I served this with streamed peas or with a green salad (to be healthy considering the cream in the recipe!).

I sometimes make a little more sauce to make sure there is plenty for the gnocchi as it tastes so good:)



(Photo from Nigella Lawson's website: http://www.nigella.com/default.aspx )
Nigella is one of my favourite cooks (I love watching her on TV and I own 3 of her cook books) - she makes food that is quick and easy - with ingredients that I have in my pantry.  I am not usually a fan of popular chefs/cooks as they generally make food that is fussy and expensive to make- I don't think Nigella does.
Also she isn't fussed by the Health Foundation and cooks with bad stuff like cream and butter.


Comments