Jesus Calls Us
Author unknown

Jesus calls us o'er the turmult
Of our life's wild, restless sea;
Day by day His sweet voice soudeth, 
Saying, Christian, follow Me!

Jesus calls us -- from the worship
Of the vain world's golden store;
From each idol that would keep us --
Christian, dost thous love Me more?

In our joys and in our sorrows, 
Day of toil and hours of ease, 
Still He calls, in cares and pleasures --
Dost thous love Me more than these?

Jesus calls us! By Thy mercies, 
Saviour, may we hear Thy call;
Give our hearts to Thy obedience;
Love and serve Thee best of all!


How many people are so wrapped up on consumerism these days that it has become their god. They must have the latest plasma TV or the newest car and as a result do not (or ignore) the sounds of Jesus calling.   They don't want to know Him as he would interrupt their desire for more.  Its all about having and wanting more, a simple life is no longer fashionable.



Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.
1 Chronicles 16:11 (KLV)




Comments

  1. So true! What a beautiful verse, and yes, there seems to be such a desire for more that people don't want to slow down and hear Him calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Jo! The things people sell their soul out to constantly amazes me. They seem to have no perception of eternal life and the fact that material things have no place there. But... the Word does describe these as those who are under the sway of the prince of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,
    I totally agree, although my son would beg to differ.

    Our TV is almost eight years old, and I have no desire to replace it until it wears out. :)

    I truly enjoy the time that I spend at His feet, and I look forward to my eternal home in heaven with Him. Earthly possessions mean nothing to me, as I can't take them with me.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Love and blessings, Jillian ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment