Random things .....
1. Gardening: I have been laying down sugar cane straw/mulch in preparation for winter - it's a messy job and I usually end up covered in the stuff (followed by sneezing). Tomorrow I am planting some Saffron Crocus' (yes, the sort that are used in the production of saffron) and some Dutch Iris'.
2. Ruby: A trip to the vet yesterday to have her little operation (spayed/de-sexing) - she wasn't very lively afterwards (this is her fast asleep after returning home), but today she back to her normal self eating heaps and running about. Ruby has a thing about sinks and loves to sit in mine and play with the water (if I leave the tap dripping). She "helps" with the breakfast washing every morning and if I don't do it she sits and waits.
3. Crocheting: I have decided to learn how to crochet - never done it before but I now have all the tools and ready. Ruby plans to "help". I would like to make a "granny" rug - not sure how many winters it will take me, but I am going to start this winter with the first square. I plan to follow (besides my books) the following tutorials crochet-school by Pip.
4. Other stuff: Happy birthday to my cousin (Lois) for the 3rd of April. Your card is on its way. Heidi, in my prayers for your recovery (after such major surgery) and may your stay in hospital be as peaceful as possible (which is unlikely), the nurses know what they are doing and that you are able to go home soon.
5. Something special: This was taken in 1918 and the lady at the piano is my grandmother who was a teacher at one of the first Montessori schools in Australia.
6. Something funny: Youtube - Panda Sneezing
* * * *