New Years Resolutions


This is the time of the year when people write up their New Years Resolutions.  Usually these lists contain things that people would like to achieve or change this year eg loose weight, give up smoking, save money, exercise more etc.. Are you one of these people?  

Well this year I have no list . . . nothing I want to achieve or change.  Is this a bad thing?  I think I will continue on just as I did 2 days ago when it was December 2010.  I lay in bed at 1am on the 1/1/11 (after being rudely woken by illegal fireworks that gave me a headache) and I tried to think of what I could put on my New Years Resolution list .  .  .  and nothing came to mind, nothing at all. A bit sad really - not really as New Years Resolutions are a bit silly.

The problem with New Years Resolution lists is that no one keeps them, so according to my logic, it is better not to have one in the first place.

After extensive research into the topic of New Years Resolutions (!), here is what is considered the top 10 resolutions:
  1. Lose weight
  2. Stick to a budget
  3. Debt reduction
  4. Enjoy more quality time with family and friends
  5. Find my soul mate
  6. Quit smoking
  7. Find a better job
  8. Learn something new
  9. Volunteer and help others
  10. Get organised
From this list I might take number 8 and learn something new this year, or learn many things  this year. . . not sure what but I have all year to think about it. Any ideas? Will report back at the end of the year!!


On a more serious note, I will continue to:

  1. Take care of my family and provide the love and support of a Christian wife and mother as written in Proverbs 31
  2. Learn more from the Bible each day
  3. Prayer and trust in the Lord, especailly at those difficult moment, but thank the Lord when things are running smoothly.



    ~oOo~