Around the home: those missing socks


Did you know that the 9th of May is Lost Sock Memorial Day. It is the day that recognizes your drawer full of unmatched socks. Each unmatched sock represents a missing sock. Do you throw away these lonely socks or do you keep them just in case their missing mate turns up?

According to the official website, Lost Sock Memorial Day is the day you spend a little time (as little as possible) searching for those missing socks. After a (very) brief search, and in good "Memorial" spirit, spend a minute reflecting upon how warm and comforting the missing socks were on your stinky toes. Then, by all means, get on with your life. Today is also a good opportunity to toss out all of your unmatched socks.

In Australia you are now too late to do this (my apologies for not reminding you earlier, perhaps put it in you calendar for next year). But for those in the USA, go for it . . . spend a few moments remembering those poor missing socks. You could also think of anything else has gone missing in you home lately. If you house is like mine, you are bound to have things go missing.



***

Comments

  1. Ha ha...that's funny...a missing sock day. Well, it just so happens I went through my girl's sock drawer (pairing up the socks) and found 14 unmatched socks. I put them aside and will wait a few days to see if any matches show up. Then I will either throw them away or make something out of them. Once I made a 'Hacky Sack' out of one, and another time I used them as stuffing for a little doll pillow. You can even make a little change sack out of them. :)

    God bless you.

    ~Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of a solution - to have them pinned together *before* they go in the wash but I've never tried it lol! Missing Socks day? what will they think of next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!! You are too funny, Jo!! Thanks for the laugh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I wish I had been in time for this one. We always have a box full of socks who are waiting for their mates.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment