Bread and other random photos

Sssshhh, the baby is sleeping
I'm standing (sitting) guard!
This is taking AGES to rise - the house wasn't quite warm enough so we turned on the oven to heat up the kitchen!
Pretty impressive
And the smell is SO GOOD!!
I'm keeping guard (yes, again) so the cat doesn't touch the delicious bread!)
When I wasn't looking someone took a slice:(

This is the bread recipe I use - it works all the time: link
(I mix wholemeal flour with the white flour and increase the water slightly)
Wanted to show you where I live.
On the kitchen window seal
I have blurred the faces of the family next door, they didn't want to be identified. But between you and me - they are Mr and Mrs Russian Doll-Measuring-Cup family, they have one child.

~oOo~
The marigolds added colour to my garden for 5 months, but sadly with the 2 weeks of heavy frosts they have all died, so now I can plant bulbs - I think I will do a mix of tulips and jonquils. Firstly I will add some more organic soil to the pot.
Winter is upon us - the last of the leaves are clinging to the trees.
Charlie sitting on the bench in the garden
Charlie looking very regal.
She still doesn't have anything nice to say to Ruby!

~oOo~

Comments

  1. Thanks for the bread link. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can smell it...wonderful...I have been working on getting a sour dough starter started...love the cat pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks *wonderful*! My bread never looks that pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo you must have read my mind lol! I've been experimenting with umpteen recipes for bread and still to find one that we really like at the moment:)
    I'll check out that link! I did remember your last post on it and been meaning to come check it out over the last couple of days well I didn't need to go to the archives as you've posted it again! Thanks!
    Canberra looks cold btw!
    Not as cold up here in sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyfulmum - I have never had problems with this recipe, however it only makes one loaf at a time which suits me fine. But I always need to add a little more water, perhaps becuase I mix my flour with wholemeal.

    Or you can make 2 logs - I often add herbs and garlic and make these to have with soup. Even a little cheese is yummy.

    The blog where I got my recipe also has some other interesting (and cheap) recipes. The lady provides a cost of each recipe which is quite handy.

    Yes, it is cold - I am all rugged up today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could related to that delicious smell of freshly baked bread. Charlie is a pretty cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh I love home made bread!! Sometimes I use the bread machine- and sometimes I make it from scratch- I love to eat it while it's hot!!

    Charlie looks like a pretty cool cat! He better be nice to Ruby!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I love home made bread!! Sometimes I use the bread machine- and sometimes I make it from scratch- I love to eat it while it's hot!!

    Charlie looks like a pretty cool cat! He better be nice to Ruby!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment