Fun Friday: Restful Magpies

I was going for a walk this week and came across what I thought was a die or dying magpie.  Hating to see a creature in difficulties, I stopped and checked to see if the bird was ok.
 The bird was still alive and blinking, so I took a couple of photos as one does!!  Mr/Mrs/Miss Magpie looked quite relaxed and restful . . . certainly not dying from anything. It seemed to be enjoying lying in the sun.  The bird was in a protected count yard where there are no cats or other predators, so these birds must feel very safe to lie around in the sun.
The other magpie got up when I walked over to investigate . . . thought better than resting whilst I looked on. As soon as I walked away the other bird got up, shakes its features and walks off. Probably annoyed that I had interrupted its rest and relaxation in the sun.

~oOo~

Comments

  1. Hilarious! I wonder if magpies are one of those creatures that "plays dead"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our chooks used to do this: dust bath then lie in the sun. I think it helps with their insulation. MAybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen or heard of them doing this before, how funny. You have been blessed to watch their antics. Have a great weekend.
    Blessings to you.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha! How strange to see a bird actually laying down on it's side. I don't think I've ever seen that before. It's a good thing you carry a camera around with you. Otherwise, look at what you would have missed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that's amazing! we (meaning Rebekah) usually run a mile when we see one especially at this time of the year when they're nesting:) I would have loved to have seen it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is too funny! You got some nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment