Reading in the bathtub!


The 9th of February is "Read in the Bathtub Day" . . . now, as a book lover, this is an important thing to know about as it gives me an extra excuse to pick up my book and read it. According to the website, I need to:


Disconnect the phone, lock the door, turn down the lights and pick out your favourite book safe in the knowledge that all you've got to worry about is enjoying yourself.  Why not splash out on some scented candles, posh bubble bath and - for the most adventurous - a rubber ducky to keep you company?


I am not a great bath person and I am not one for reading in the bathtub (the water goes cold too quickly), so whilst this sound inviting, I might just keep on reading my book on the couch or bed as I normally do. 

For those who love a bath . . . enjoy!!


But . . . according to the same website . . . its LIBRARY LOVERS MONTH!! So keep on reading, not that I ever stop!!!

What are you reading at the moment? 
I am reading "I am my Beloved's" by John W. Bramhall, a gift for my birthday last year. 




Comments

  1. I am reading "Victoria" by Elisabeth Langford (biography of Queen V.), and "The Little Colonel's Knight Comes Riding" by Annie Fellows Johnston(fiction for young ladies from the Edwardian era).

    I love to read too, but not in the tub. Seems like I tried that once and it was too hard to keep the book dry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried reading in the bathtub when I was a lot younger (as one does) but it was difficult not getting the pages wet, especially when turning the page!! My favourite spot would be in bed in the evening - the end of the day when there is nothing else that needs doing.

      Delete
  2. I read Wambo. Its a trilogy about a Papua boy. And ... we have no bath. Perhaps I can read under the shower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading in the bath just sounds really inconvenient and uncomfortable to me!!! However I don't mind reading in bed or on the lounge or beanbag. :)
    Lately I've pre-read a couple books to "censor" them for my children, I read mnost of "The Five Little Peppers & How They Grew" aloud to the children (finished it on Sunday), read "A Pocketful of Goobers" (about George Washington Carver) aloud to the children yesterday, and began reading "Understood Betsy" aloud to the children today.
    So even though I don't get a lot of time to read for myself, I do read quite a bit with the children (try to read at least one chapter to them each day if possible)... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment