Thoughtful Thursday: Lend Me Your Hope


And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.  (Hebrews 10:24-25)


Lend Me Your Hope I seem to have mislaid mine 
(Author Unknown)

Lend me your hope for a while,
I seem to have mislaid mine.
Lost and hopeless feelings accompany me daily,
pain and confusion are my companions.
I know not where to turn.

Looking ahead to future times
does not bring forth images of renewed hope.

I see troubled times,
pain-filled days,
and more tragedy.
Lend me your hope for a while,
I seem to have mislaid mine.

Hold my hand and hug me;
listen to all my ramblings,
recovery seems so far distant.
The road to healing
seems like a long and lonely one.
Lend me your hope for a while,
I seem to have mislaid mine.

Stand by me,
offer me your presence,
your heart and your love.
Acknowledge my pain,
it is so real and ever present.
I am overwhelmed
with sad and conflicting thoughts.
Lend me your hope for a while.

A time will come when I will heal,
and I will share my renewal,
hope and love with others.

*****

Comments

  1. Dear Jo, I am so thankful for those who over the years encouraged me and helped me to PLOD ON!
    You keep looking up at the SON...
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need people that encourage us and give us hope and make difficult times so much easier to cope with.

      Have a lovely weekend xx

      Delete
  2. It's so important that we support and love each other through thick and thin! Hope is so important - when people are without hope, things are very grim. So thankful for the hope we have in the Lord Jesus Christ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one can do things on their own :))) we all need each other at some point.

      Delete

Post a Comment