Random things about me
I took this idea from my friend Mary's blog "The Cotton Apron" as I thought it would be fun to do, thankyou Mary for such a fun idea!! Here are 30 questions/answers that tells you just a little more about me.
Why not answer one of the questions yourself — select on and answer it in the comments!
1. WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED? Cat beds for Charlie and Ruby, box of winter scarves, my husbands running shoes, small suitcase and some dust! Charlie loves her bed under our bed, its like a very cosy cave hidden away from everyone where she feels very safe. Both cats hid under the bed when strangers come into the house.
2. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING NOW? "All the light we cannot see" by Anthony Doerr (excellent novel about a blind French girl during WW2) and "Let God be God" by Ray C. Stedman (the study of Job which I am reading slowly, a book I would highly recommend) + some books on appliqué and free motion quilting which I recently bought second-hand. Once I have started a book I tend to read the entire book, I don't like to let the author down by giving up too early!!
3. EARLY TO BED OR NIGHT OWL? Often in bed by 9:30pm so I can read for an hour or so before sleep time. A favourite time of the day for me as it is so quiet and calm — the perfect way to wind down after a busy day.
4. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO DOING MOST IN THE KINGDOM or NEW HEAVEN AND EARTH? Endless joy and no suffering. Meeting my older sister who I have never met and my grandmother.
5. FAVOURITE HYMN(S)? Abide with me, The Wondrous Cross, The Old Rugged Cross — I just love all the old hymns as they have far more substances compared to the modern hymns.
6. FAVOURITE SMELL(S)? Newly mowed grass (reminds me of my childhood), the smell of a roast dinner cooking in the oven, expensive French perfume, bacon cooking, the smell of the garden after a shower of rain, the smell of spring, jasmine (sorry Mary!!) lilac and roses.
7. LEAST FAVORITE SMELL(S)? Food that has gone off (!!), nappies and other related smells (with you on this one Mary!), rotten bananas, rock mellow (cantaloupe)
8. FAVOURITE FLOWER(S)? Roses, daisies, tulips, daffodils — there aren't many flowers I don't like.
9. FAVOURITE VEGETABLE? Peas—every meal should have them (!), sweetcorn, roasted pumpkin
10. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Have a shower — time is brief in the morning before I get in the car and drive to work, so no messing about or dithering. Shower, dress, feed cat, cat tray and out of the house! I have all my clothes already organised so I don't need to think about what to wear. I eat breakfast at work.
11. FAVOURITE COLOR? Pink, read, blue — all depends on my mood and what season!! Red is great in winter and blue is cooling in summer.
12. FAVOURITE BIBLE VERSE? — very difficult to decide, but here are two I love: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid". (John 14:27) and “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)
13. FAVOURITE TIME OF DAY? Tricky, love the morning (fresh and ready to go), but I also love dusk at the other end of the day (particularly in summer). An evening sunset is just amazing, such as this one from a few years ago.
14. JOB YOU DISLIKE THE MOST? Cleaning the toilet and bathroom. But after finding out that millions of people don't have access to toilets, I won't be complaining again!!
15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate (mousse, cake, cheesecake)
16. FAVOURITE CAKE or PIE or....? Pie — apple perhaps with custard and cream.
17. STORMS: FUN or SCARY? Depending of the strength of the storm and whether I am home alone or with my husband — small storms are ok. I have been known to sit on our bed with Ruby (cat) on my lap as a storm causes havoc outside, praying, as I am home alone.
18. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? I am not a big player of board games now that my children are all grown up, but I use to like Monopoly as a child not that I was good at it!
19. WHEN DO YOU MAKE YOUR BED? I don't make the bed any more, my husband does it for me and he does a great job.
23. WHO LED YOU TO CHRIST? Through my parents as a child but I wandered as a teenager and returned much later in life when I became a mother and wife and life wasn't as smooth sailing as I expected it to be.
24. FAVORITE BOOKS? The list is soooo long I don't even know where to start!!! I love the classics like Jane Austen, Bronte sisters all the way through to the modern such as "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I love a good murder mystery, a touch of romance (not the silly ones) and I do enjoy a very good biography. What I don't read is fantasy, science fiction and zombie books!!
25. PLACE YOU WOULD VISIT IF YOU COULD? Paris (France), Scotland and Germany (the homes of my ancestors) — one day perhaps when I retire. Closer to home, visit my parents (which I will next January). It would be very nice to visit my brother in the US — one day.
26. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? When I have done something wrong and I have to tell someone what I have done.
27. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE HOBBY? Reading (its the hobby I do the best and most often), quilting, photography, sewing, cooking.
28. FAVORITE ANIMAL? Polar bear, elephant, lions, cats and dogs plus lots more.
30. ANY PET YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU COULD? More cats — perhaps a Maine Coone and another Ragdoll (or two)!!
Well, there you go - just a little more into my likes and dislikes!!