My thoughts for March



My thoughts for the month


We live in a world that is never satisfied, always wanting more, buying more, searching for more all in the name of happiness. However as Christians, Christ provides all our needs and we should be completely satisfied, as if drinking water to quench our thirst. Sadly, even Christians spend a lot of time and effort looking elsewhere to find satisfaction and always disappointed in what we find. 

Happiness cannot be bought and no matter how much we fill up our homes with "things" — none will bring joy.  The only people happy with all our spending is the big corporations.  In 2015 the brand H&M made $22 billion and now one of the  most profitable fashion brands in the history of fashion — thanks to our desire to find happiness. 

The global fashion industry is worth $2.5 trillion, a very sobering figure considering none of us really need to buy any new clothes with our wardrobes full to over flowing. 

Its time to stop and think. 

 This month lets remember how Jesus satisfies ALL needs and we want for nothing. If we choose to drink the water of the world, we will always be thirsty — but if we choose to drink the water from Christ we will be completely satisfied.  

Whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.

 (John 4:14)




Quote of the month


It's not the size of the place you call home,
 but the tone and atmosphere

(Elizabeth George) 




Bible verse of the month

He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.

(Isaiah 40:29)




Hymn of the month


Precious Lord, Take My Hand

Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:

Refrain:
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.
When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall:

Refrain

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:


Refrain 


I spend a few days in the city of Melbourne and went for a walk one afternoon - here are some photos I took. 



Comments

  1. I use to be a consumer that was always thirsty for more.
    In the past several years I have learned what it is like to be content. Today, I experience all day long.
    March??? Whew, Spring is on it's way. I know for you, the weather is opposite of us, up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to work near a shopping centre and that was such a temptation. Now I work in a location that requires too much effort to go shopping and I have really reduced what I buy which is such a good thing! Yes March - wow, how the year is flying by :)) Enjoy Spring and I will enjoy Autumn (my favourite time of the year).

      Delete
  2. Amen! Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and I downsized to a small lake cottage about 4 years ago and we couldn't be happier that we did. Our simplified lives are so much better. We also became empty-nesters about 3 years ago. Life is much less hectic and we have time for the Lord and for one another!! Things are temporary...people and time spent with them, priceless!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ann @ Christ in the Clouds - http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People just keep on buying and even thinking of how often they will use or wear the item they are buying and they don't think twice about throwing "stuff" away. We are drowning in stuff and its not good for us or the planet. You must feel so much lighter now that you have downsized.

      Delete
  4. Yes... spending is a trap and can be an addiction that we must all be careful of. We must keep in mind that we need to be good stewards of what the Lord has given us - good stewards of money, time, things and people. He has given so much - we must just thank Him and do our best with what He has blessed us with!
    I love March - one of my favourite times of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending it addictive and many younger women are out of control. I avoid the shops because if you don't go, you can't spend (as I know I am easily tempted)!!! And any emails that come through from online stores are deleted quickly!!! Books would be one of my weaknesses :) Autumn is my favourite season and April is the best month for us - a little cooler than March and all the colour starts to arrive.

      Delete
  5. I read a quote from this poem yesterday: it's called Leisure by William Henry Davies.
    What is this life if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.
    No time to stand beneath the boughs
    And stare as long as sheep or cows.
    No time to see, when woods we pass,
    Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
    No time to see, in broad daylight,
    Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
    No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
    And watch her feet, how they can dance.
    No time to wait till her mouth can
    Enrich that smile her eyes began.
    A poor life this if, full of care,
    We have no time to stand and stare.

    Your post reminded me of that. We don't need so many THINGS that we are burdened by looking after them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that - we don't have time to just stop and stare/think etc... as we are so ladened down by life, which includes things we don't need. Thanks for sharing :))

      Delete

Post a Comment