50 thoughts on life



I've been thinking about life, living and what it all means and now that I have reached 50 I thought I would create a list of 50 thoughts!! Things that are important to me and that I have learn along the way. 


  1. Praying works every time.
  2. The bible is our life manual, read it daily.
  3. God is always right, let Him take the drivers seat.
  4. It doesn’t have to cost much at all to be happy.
  5. You’re never too young to start saving money.
  6. You don’t need a lot of friends, just a few really good ones.
  7. Time is not a renewable resource.
  8. Being kind to others is a good thing
  9. Savour the quiet and still moments. 
  10. Crying is good, never be afraid to crying.
  11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
  12. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
  13. Laughter really is the best medicine
  14. Forgive everyone everything.
  15. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. 
  16. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
  17. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
  18. Things gather dust and who wants to spent their life dusting.
  19. Age is just a number.
  20. Never loose the ability to get excited about birthdays.
  21. You aren’t always right.
  22. Learning lasts forever.
  23. Change is good.
  24. Don’t be afraid.
  25. Be willing to try new things, even if it takes you out of your comfort zone.
  26. Don’t forget to take care of you.
  27. Perfection is boring, mistakes teach us so much.
  28. The road of life is very rocky, but God is always with us. 
  29. Work hard, idle hands get up to mischief.
  30. Be careful what you say, words hurt.
  31. Love everyone.
  32. Make every day count.
  33. Despite your childhood goals, you can read a lot of books, but you’ll never read all the books.
  34. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
  35. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
  36. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
  37. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
  38. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
  39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
  40. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
  41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
  42. The best is yet to come.
  43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
  44. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
  45. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
  46. Love your children enough to scold them when they are naughty.
  47. Eat home cooked as much as possible, life is too short for poor quality food.
  48. Don't be ignorant of world events—understand what is happening to others and help where you can, whilst we should live apart from the world, it doesn't mean living in isolation.
  49. Marriage is hard work, do you very best, don't give up even when it is looking pretty crappy.
  50. Allow your children to dream rather than living the life you want them to have.


Comments

  1. I read everyone of your life thoughts!
    I was going to list the ones I liked but I like them all!
    🎈🌺 Happy Birthday Year! 🎈🎉
    (I hope you celebrate all year long.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm 50 in January so might have to do something like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous about turning 50, but I feel just the same as 49 :) :)

      Delete
  3. SO glad you included chocolate - couldn't imagine you would miss it, but you didn't! Yah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Chocolate and a mug of tea can solve almost any problem !!!

      Delete
  4. I'm in my 60th year. It just gets better and better - as we learn each day to "let go and let God"! Your thoughts are BEAUTIFUL! Keep up the good work.
    ~Gwen/USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Gwen - letting go is such a difficult thing, but once learnt it is liberating !

      Delete
  5. Beautiful thoughts. Beautiful photo's. Thanks for linking at The Fabulous Fall Party.
    Come back soon! The party is going all the way to the end of Oct. The linky
    changes every Thursday. See you soon!
    Have a Happy and Safe Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection of positivity! I'm so glad I came across your blog! Happy next decade. I've started my own list after your example.

    I love the concept of your blog, to find joy in the everyday. My blog is "Just Having Fun" and has a similar goal: remark on the things in life and find happiness. I hope you visit and read my series called "Happiness Is My Choice." batya7.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the title of your blog - having fun is very important to health and wellbeing, so many people forget to laugh and have some fun and they are so deadly serious.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) and thankyou for visiting. have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  8. What a great list! I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago and have been working on a list myself. I guess it feels like the thing to do, huh? 😊 I tried to pick my favorite one but I couldn't because there were so many. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea :) I enjoyed reading your thoughts very much!! I haven't reached 50 yet, but I've come to many of the same conclusions you have! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a fun list to do❤💙💚💜

      Delete

Post a Comment