The time has come



After many years of blogging I have decided to put my pen down for the time being.  I have blogged on many different topics and thus far written 1,947 posts.  

I am often surprised at the posts that gain the most interest — this year "Idolising poverty" received many hits, likewise "The myth of the perfect family". "True restfulness" was very popular along with "The power of our homes".  Posts about fashion (modesty), ways to make our homes more comfortable, my room by room series were all winners with many hits and comments. 

However, the ones that weren't popular were the posts I often felt most strongly about, "Submitting to government" was one of them and those on domestic violence (a topic I am passionate about but one that many avoid even though it is a big problem in society including among the Christian community). 

The message I have tried to get across was the need for women to support and encourage each other, even if you are doing something different to your sister in Christ. I wanted my blog to be uplifting to women, positive and not negative and I hope that I have achieved this. 

As women, we are here to offer support, encouragement, love, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, a smile of friendship and not calling others names, not to judge others.  Take the bible verse "Love thy neighbour" to heart and the next time you meet a mum in bogland who is working and maybe her children are in childcare . . .
. . . don't start to lecturing her, ask her about her day. 

Ask her how things are going, talk . . . and you might find out some amazing things about this woman and become good friends. 


Blogging takes up so much of my time and I want to do other things — sewing, quilting, cooking, time with family, reading etc.. I generally only blog on weekends and it can take 2 to 3 hours (more on occasions) which is a lot of time at my desk.  Whilst I won't be blogging much any more, my Facebook page will continue and will be updated daily with messages of encouragement, bible verses, favourite hymns, quotes, supporting women in their daily activities, recipes, things to bring a smile to your face etc...


To all my loyal readers, THANK YOU — you have kept me going and encouraged me to keep on writing. But sadly, the time has come when I need to stop for the time being. 

So farewell from this blog — but PLEASE come over and say hi on my Facebook page and bring your friends as the more we have, the wider the message on the wonderful love of the Lord Jesus Christ. 



Comments

  1. I am sorry but understand. I really liked your posts about skirts and dresses.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear this too! I don't comment much, but your posts about Christian working women have really been encouraging to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that sometimes it is just time to move into a different phase. You will be missed by me personally, because I find that you are one of the kindest voices out there...so many are so strident, always sure they are right and no grace for those who feel or do differently. Always encouraging holiness but always encouraging us to love those whose convictions differ on all those touchy areas.

    Many of these are areas where I personally have been hurt by other Christian women: how we educate our children, how we choose to dress, or if we work outside the home. The funny thing is, I've been attacked on different sides of the same issue at different times in my life! Life and situations change!

    I follow you on facebook already. I hope the blog stays up so I can refer back to some of your posts, even if you are not writing anymore. Thank you for all the blogging you have done and your love for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. Blogging is a huge time commitment. I will miss your blog, but I will follow you on FB. Enjoy your family and extra time. Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog posts have often been thought provoking, and your pictures have been wonderful so many times. Glad you will continue your FB page, but I am amazed at how long you have produced posts here - it is HARD work!!! 👏

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, I will miss your gentle guidance and thought provoking posts more than you know. Without ever having met you personally, it feels as though a dear friend is "moving away". I thank you for all the heart, time, and effort you put into your blog. Enjoy the extra time you have now, and I a, happy that at least we will see you on Facebook.

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to thank you. I just spoke to my husband a moment ago. I told him that it puzzles me when someone just suddenly stops blogging, no announcement, no good-bye, just a sudden stop. I've been very concerned about people in the past who have done that. What stopped them? An accident? Death? Something else?

    I respect you and appreciate you for being honest with your readers and straightforward. Thank you for writing for us. I pray God's blessings on you in your new endeavors. Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. And so close to 2000 a nice round number....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this makes me so sad, but I understand. I look forward to continue following you on Facebook and will reread your blog posts! Your posts have been such an encouragement to me as a younger Christian woman, wife and mother, and have given me much to think about. Thank you for all the time and effort you took on this blog. You will be sorely miss in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joluise, I am sorry to hear you are stopping blogging, but of course you have to do what is best in this season. I hope you are doing well.

    Much love ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment