When one job leads to another job.

Yesterday was the start of the end of year sales.  I had been waiting for them as I really needed some new manchester.  Off I went at 8am (not that I really wanted an early start on Boxing Day!) and bought what I wanted without any hassles and no crowds.  It was quite a stress-free experience!  By the time I got the car at 9:15am the car park was starting to fill up and I left just in time.

Buying a doona cover that suits both a male and female can be tricky.  My DH does not like girly white/pastels/pink covers. So I hunted around for something that we would both like and this is what I found and DH loved it. It is very rich in colour (not that the photo shows this) and in a heavy fabric (unlike many that are in a soft cotton).   This isn't likely to show black hair from one fluffy cat!! Besides the doona, I also picked up 2 sets of sheets (1000 thread Egyptian cotton) and a memory pillow for my son. If you live near a Harris Scarf's store - it is the best place for sheets and it has the BEST sales - I saved almost 70% on the original prices.
The new doona cover and pillows.  Its hard to tell, but the colour is very rich - gold, purple, green, deep red in a heavy fabric.

The cow is my heat wheat pack that I use in winter and the black guerrilla "I love you" was a gift from my husband!!
The back of the doona is cotton is this gorgeous rich gold, so when I saw sheets also in gold I just had to buy them. It makes the bed look luxurious!

Once DH and I made the bed (we even turned the mattress) I decided to tackle the linen cupboard and go through all the sheets and throw away anything that had become wore etc.. This led to a much bigger clean out.  Our linen cupboard is full of "stuff" and it really needed a complete going through - so that is what I did. I was surprised at what I found!!!
Ruby helping with the cleaning!!
Ruby getting very involved in everything I was doing.
Doing an inspection!!!
Getting into things she wasn't meant to!!
Rubbish - all fitted in the bin, just!! and I had another pile for St Vinnies charity bin!
That was exhausting!!
Once the linen cupboard was clean, I had plenty of extra space to move things from the study into the cupboard.  This lead to cleaning out part of the study!!!  Some hours later I had a ham sandwich and a hot chocolate.
That was good


~oOo~
PS Those tabs at the top of my blog may look good but are currently not working.  I did some fancy html alterations but got stuck!!  Still figuring out how to write the extensions so they work.

~oOo~

Comments

  1. Those days, when one job leads to another, are often very satisfying because a lot gets done!
    The doona and sheets are lovely - and yes, it does look very luxurious!
    The hot chocolate looks sooo yummy! :) Make me one?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those colours in the doona cover. My hubby used to be much more fussy but after many years doesn't worry so much. Perhaps I wore him down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice doona cover...we call them duvet covers or comforters over here. I just did that this weekend - one job leading to another. The children and I started looking through old pictures which led to a very tiring job of cleaning out the "BOX". So glad we got rid of all the duplicates and ugly pictures that meant nothing. It is a pleasure now to go through. Also, went to put a bag of beans away and ended up organizing my food storage. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Santos - I quite like it when this happens as you are never quite sure where it might end. I also think you end up doing far more than if you had planned it. And the pleasure at the end makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clara - I made that hot chocolate with the Aldi frother, I have finally worked out how to use it without making any messes!! And I think the end result is as good as any bought hot chocolate. I have just ordered some Dutch cocoa and can't wait to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors in your new doona...love it! Hot chocolate looks very yummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photo's. I love your Ruby. Busy day for you ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you found some great new linens for your home. I love the colors.

    It's always nice to re-organize closets and cabinets. I have a few that need to be re-organized in my home as well, but I must confess, I'm not looking forward to the process, ha, ha (sarcastic laugh).

    Oh, I LOVE how your cat "helped' you during your cleaning. My cats "help" me the same way - funny that! :)

    Good luck with the HTML coding for your buttons too! I HATE HTML, ha, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mara Wildflower - I find if I plan to clean out a cupboard, I find every reason NOT to do it!! But if I wander into the job from another job (as I did on Monday) it was much more fun and doesn't seem to be as big a chore. Having Ruby "helping" makes it all the more fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jedidja - nice to meet you. I see that you are from the Netherlands. Only yesterday I bought some Dutch cocoa from an online Dutch store in Australia. I'm told that Dutch chocolate is so much better in cooking?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment