Our private conversations with God

Source

And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 

Matthew 6:7-8

Our Father doesn't want to hear prayers without emotion as if reading from a script . . . "empty phrases", He wants sincerity, expressions from the heart. He isn't interested in impressive prayers that "sound great" to others as in an important speech, our prayers are our private conversations with God.  It is our time to thank our Father for all that He has provided and to ask for guidance and strenght on our daily journey.  It is a time to pray for others who may be suffering from ill health or family difficulties, it is a time to pray for our children and our husbands. 

Pray gives us a direct line to the One who can handle all our concerns, therefore we can be "anxious for nothing" (Philippians 4:6).

Our prayers don't need to be filled with long words and quotes from the Bible, often the simple prayer, the childlike prayer is the best, as it shows our true feelings and our connection with our Heavenly Father. 

 Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17


We can pray anywhere, not just at church, or during family devotions - I've prayed in my car, I have prayed at work, I have even prayed as I have walked along the street, I have prayed in many different places . . . I pray when I need to talk with God, when I need His help . . . when I need comfort.  There are no rules to the number of prayers each day or where to pray.  God is waiting to get your call, we are always welcome.

Phone home. The line is always connected.  

Prayer should be in every corner of our lives.  And if our prayers aren't answered at once . . . perhaps God has other plans.  Have patience's and remember "your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him".  His plan may be a little different to our own!

Comments

  1. lol I posted on prayer this morning too. Great minds, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went over to read your blog but I couldn't, have you changed your settings as I can no longer enter?

      Delete
  2. HI FRIEND...GOD BLESS..
    IM HOSTING ON TUESDAY'S A BLOGHOP HOPE YOU JOIN ME...FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR DEVOTIONAL COOKING RECEPEE CRAFT...A NICE MEMORY...SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SHARE...THANK YOU IF YOU JOIN..BLESSED OTHERS..LOVES SORAYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo I was fiddling & turned stuff off while I did. Back up again now. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true - pray without ceasing... and yet how (sadly) it can become easy to forget. What a blessing that He is always there and never sleeps or ignores us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara, been having this very conversation with my mother today. This is something that she needs to remember.

      Delete

Post a Comment