Psalm 27: The Lord is my light and my salvation



The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.

Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.

For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”

Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.


When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.


Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.


Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.


I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.



Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!


*****

Comments

  1. So love this psalm. So many precious promises in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Words. Lots of beautiful verses in it, but I especially love the last part - so important to wait on the Lord, and to be encouraged in Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the last part too (which is why I posted it on Facebook on Sat).

      Delete
  3. It is through these Words of Life we live and move and have our being...
    Happy Blessed week Jo!!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right - I can't imagine getting through the week without Words like this. At the moment we are "Wait on the Lord" on see what future He decides for my sister-in-law and only He knows that answer.

      Blessings for the week ahead.

      Delete
  4. Very true:) without the word we are Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bit --
    When You said, “Seek My face,”
    My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
    It reminds me that even in those really trying times when we can hardly utter a word - that sometimes our heart's connection to God is enough :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment