RAMBLINGS.....

This weekend has been completely glorious - warm sunny weather - so beautiful for gardening and sitting outdoors soaking up the sunshine. I have been doing both: weeding, mulching and planting some seedlings plus sitting on my bench reading!!! (so far my back is ok - it was playing up last week.

Early this week we got a very good days rain and the top picture is proof as it doesn't happen very often.

Last week I finished a 3 part course on the "Study of Parliament" - may sound boring but it was very interesting. Discovered that I really knew very little about the running of Parliament and that I was never
taught it at school. The most interesting segment was a talk on the the building which is a fascinating piece of architecture - we even had a tour of the art works. Did you know that underneath the building is a vault - its concrete ceiling, is supported by columns four storeys high and contains interesting geological stone in pristine condition due to its protection from the weather and being dark and cool. It is known as The Cathedral.

While I was scanning in old photos I came across this one of Caius - I thought it was beautiful. The other photo is of Tristan and Caius in Darwin in 1999. Its a bit sad scanning these photos as it is like a trip down memory lane.



















My favorite quote of the week (as I am a bad speller I can relate to this): Spelling, too, is not that easy, as A. A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh explains: 'My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places'.

Congratulations to Betsy and Stephen, wonderful news on the baby. I was reading the paper the other day and noticed that some famous couple in America named their new baby boy: Sparrow James Midnight. Poor child!! Why:)

Comments