Footprints in the sand

One night I dreamed that I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from the life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints. Other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticed that during the low period of my life when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints. So, I said to the Lord, "You promised me, Lord, that if I followed you, You would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I have needed You most, You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints is when I carried you".

Mary Stevenson


Comments

  1. Jo,

    I've always loved this quote and I understand the sentiment but am thankful that the Lord carries me in His everlasting arms all the time, even when I am in so much distress that I don't consciously realize it :o)

    Thanks so much for leaving a sweet comment on my blog and letting me know that you enjoyed your visit!

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment