Thankyou for all those comments about meals - you now have me motivated to make at least one new meal per week. I will try one tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Fireproof: Last week I wrote about the book "Fireproof" and I said it was quite good but not great. I have now watched the DVD and really enjoyed it - if that is the right word. It does make you think about your relationship and and how you behaved to your spouse - see a couple fight makes you think twice before you have one yourself.
I have bought "The Love Dare" and really enjoying - it contains many thought provoking ideas - much of it is standard counseling however with Christian perspective which is the important part. Last night I read the chapter on Kindness and realized at times I am not kind or behaving in a Christian way - in particular in the heat of a disagreement.
Kindness is love in action "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32). Be:
- Gentleness - you speak the truth in love, be careful how you treat your spouse, never being unnecessarily harsh
- Helpfulness - meet your husbands needs of the moment, listen, serve your husband without worrying about your rights
- Willingness - instead of being obstinate, reluctant or stubborn, you cooperate, you stay flexible. Be accommodating and compromise.
- Initiative- a kind husband/wife will be the first to greet with a smile, serve first and forgive first - take the first step.
- Treat your mate the same way you would want to be treated
- Be as considerate to your spouse (or even better) as you are to strangers and coworkers (this often is not the case sadly)