My day . . . .
Today is a public holiday so I am at home - and I must say I have had a WONDERFUL day so far. I have:
- enjoyed a sleep-in (and skipped the frosty morning)
- breakfast in bed (crumpets with jam + jasmine tea)
- read for awhile snuggled under the doona
- enjoyed a morning walk (the air was very clean and crisp)
- vacuum the living areas (I am a regular vacuum user due to pets!)
- did 2 loads of washing (being a sunny day it has dried quite well - an it was quite nice standing in the sun hanging out the washing whilst chatting to the dogs)
* Cinnamon and walnut biscuits with mini M&Ms on top - the boys will love these so they won't last very long
* Lekach - Jewish Honey cake - full of honey and spices which smells beautiful when cooking - Tristan and I just love this cake. It is best eaten a few days after baking, once the flavours have developed - but non of us can wait that long!!
* Potage of Lentils soup (also known as Esau's Soup) which is both very filling and delicious - it is for tomorrow nights dinner**.
In the afternoon Ruby and I relaxed with a book - the photo below is Ruby snuggled under the blanket that is covering my legs. We were both very warm!! Afterwards watch one episode of a Dr Who story from 1973. They didn't have flashy special affects back then!!
When I have finished this entry I will have a cup of tea and enjoy a piece of my Lekach cake (which is very moist and great with butter) outside in the sun. Feel free to come and join me - the kettle is going on now!!
May you all have a wonderful week. How was your day?
** Both the soup and cake recipes come from a favourite cookbook of mine Jewish Traditions Cookbook that contain so many great recipes from all over the world.