Grandma's Apple Cake
- 125g butter
- 1 cup apple sauce (I used a jar of bought apple sauce)
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sultanas (I add some currants in the mix)
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons carb soda
- 1 tablespoon hot milk
- Heat apple sauce, add butter and sugar and melt.
- Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture.
- Sift the flour with the spices and fold into the mixture with the sultanas.
- Dissolve the soda in the hot milk and add to the mixture.
- Place the cake mixture in a greased 9 inch cake tine and bake for 45-50mins in a moderate oven.