I'm ready for Christmas
I am completely ready for Christmas:
- The turkey (legs) are in the freezer ready to defrost on Saturday
- The ham is in its’ ham bag ready for baking on Sunday afternoon
- The veggies are in the fridge (just need to pick up a lettuce on Saturday)
- The plum pudding is bought (only 2 of us eat it so it isn’t worth making by hand)
- I have cream and ice-cream
- Mince pies, chocolate coated almonds and other nibbles are safely hidden
- And the drinks are bought
I can’t think of anything I have missed. This is good as I really want to avoid the shops on Saturday morning as they will be chaotic for sure and finding a car park will be a nightmare.
And as to our plans on Christmas Day—it will be very quiet indeed (all our family live interstate or overseas) with only one son in the morning who will return for dinner, so no noisy excited children this year. I might even be able to enjoy an afternoon rest! As for food—DH and I will have roasted turkey legs with roast veggies and if there is room a mince pie for dessert. For dinner we are having baked glazed ham with salad followed by plum pudding, custard and cream.
What are your plans for the 25th of December?
On the 26th, I will be eating very little!! I have 2 weeks at home to rest and relax. No plans as such, my only plan is to enjoy the time!