Five favourite potato recipes
1. Hasselback potatoes are a quick and easy way to cook potatoes that are a little bit different to the standard roast potato. This is the recipe I use (link). I sometimes sprinkle Parmesan cheese near the end of roasting or some smoky paprika.
2. Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese is great on special occasions - however I would reduce the amount of cheese if you are dieting and you can skip the cream cheese and use milk or cream instead!!! (link)
3. Cheesy potato bake is another easy meal to make and one my sons loved as children. You can add bacon to this if you like or replace the potatoes with sweet potato. I have even placed rings of tomato on top and baked.
4. Potato Latkes are my son's favourite potato dish and one of the first things he learnt to make. My dad use to make these on Sunday nights for dinner and we ate as many as he could possibly make. The crisper the better and covered in tomato sauce - even though traditionally they should be eaten with apple sauce or sour cream. I use matzo meal (which is the traditional Jewish ingredient), however you replace matzo with plain flour if you don't have any. Dad also added mixed herbs to his recipe. These are traditionally eaten during the Jewish Hanukkah Festival - we ate them all year round as they are so good. This is pretty close to my recipe (link)
5. Mashed potato (link) is always a family favourite. I like to add some cheese and garlic to make it little more fancy and sometimes use cream instead of milk.