General up-date on "stuff"
I thought I would give you a general update of "stuff" that I have been up to - not that I lead the most exciting life!!
- Bulbs are planted - so far 45 in total (a mix of jonquils and daffodils) - more to be planted over the next few weeks.
- Garlic is planted - the ones I planted last year didn't grow big enough - I think I planted them far too late, second attempt:)))) So far I have planted 24 but I am wondering if I should buy some more - what do you think?
- Planted the patio Pink Lady apple tree - it has been in a pot for 4 years but not very happy (pot bound), so into the ground it has gone and to my surprise it hasn't even looked stressed over what I did to it. See the little owl I have put next to it - cute!!
- Third skirt is now finished (below) - I am pretty pleased with this one (a woollen skirt perfect for winter), pattern matches back and front and it has the most gorgeous red lining which feels very sophisticated!! Do you generally line your winter skirts?
- Next skirt almost cut out - trying out the new 1950's style pattern (below). I love selecting lining that matches the fabric.
- What do you think of this fabric - creating 2 cushions for the new sofa bed that we are buying for my study. The mother and baby elephants are SO cute:))) Will share with you the finished product sometime soon.
- Bought some white fabric to make a summer skirt (always have trouble finding white skirts in the store that are white (and not winter white) and not see-through) - will make that much later in the year.
|And finally, I wanted to finish with this - what an excellent idea - a small bookcase in the bathroom/toilet. So cool!!!|