And He walks with me, and He talks with me



In The Garden

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses . . .

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other, has ever, known!

He speaks and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that he gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing . . .

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other, has ever, known!

And the joy we share as we tarry there,

None other, has ever, known!

*****

We don't need to be in the garden to "Walk with Him, talk with Him" - He is with us 24/7, so no matter where you are in the coming week, remember He is beside you.  

And don't forget to rest, we live in such a busy world where everything is moving so fast and we are swept along whether we like it or not. It has become increasingly difficult to truly cease from all our efforts and sit quietly for an hour or two. Today, being the Lord's Day, is a perfect day for"switching off". I plan to spend my afternoon in the sunshine reading. Lets set aside time to rest and appreciate the life God has given you and I. Not only does it give us time to dedicate to the Lord, it really does help get us prepared for the coming week. We don't enter Monday feeling weary and exhausted, instead much calmer and ready to face the new week and whatever it may bring. 

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand. Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
Psalm 138:7



*****

Comments

  1. Thank you for this post. In The Garden was my Mom's favorite hymn, and is mine also. It is good to just take some time for rest and introspection to refresh our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is good to take some time out, reflect and take stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He knew what He was talking about when He gave us the fourth commandment. He knew we need this day to stop and soak in His presence. We are wired this way, and even though many people have tried to make Sundays ordinary days - by opening shops or even inventing the ten-day week, like in the French Revolution days -, it never works. We are made for Him and if we don´t obey His wise commands, we or our families or our health will end up suffering the consequences.
    Lovely painting, dear Jo, and lovely garden.

    Rachel from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps our quiet times with the Lord are in a sense a spiritual garden of retreat from the busy world - a place for growth and beauty and refreshment and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often read your posts & completely love them but really don't know what to write!
    I just wish there was a "like" button here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy - feel free to just write "like"!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment