Do you hand washing?
Who hand washes their clothes?
Do you chuck everything into the machine and hope for the best?
I hand wash my good clothes — why:
1. It makes clothes last longer as its much more gentle than a machine.
2. It stops stretching particular with t-shirts and jumpers.
3. Removing stains is easier as you can target the spot directly.
4. Energy efficient as it saves using a washing machine for a small load which also in turn saves water.
3. Drip dying requires less ironing.
And its a bit of work out so its good for one's health — and its fun to play in water!!
Every afternoon when I get home from work I place my work clothes in this bowl and hand wash. I do love splashing about in water and hand washing gives me that excuse to have a play!!! I never get my clothes very dirty so they do not need an extensive wash, its more about removing the sweatiness and freshening them up. It might sound mad, but I find hand washing quite relaxing!
Whilst the clothes soak in the bowl I can do other things such as start dinner — then I return to my washing and complete the job. It really doesn't take very long and it isn't painful!
I have no plans to ditch the machine, but I do prefer to hand wash anything that is expensive or I just want to last. I also hand wash if I am away and want to make sure I return home with a bag full of clean clothes. Its a very useful skill to have and one that we all need to know how to do.
And doesn't my hand washing look like a work of art!!!